Your Quick Home Maintenance Checklist!
Whether you’re a new homeowner or a seasoned, home-owning veteran, we pulled together a quick home maintenance checklist that will help keep your biggest investment organized and looking great all year long.
So without further ado, here’s our easy-to-follow home maintenance checklist:
- Sweep floors and vacuum carpets
- Clean bathrooms
- Check all drains to make sure they aren’t clogged
- Make sure all interior and exterior light bulbs are working properly and replace as needed
- Mow and edge lawn to maintain good curb appeal (if in season)
- Remove weeds from flower beds (as needed)
- Replace air conditioning filter
- Clean garbage disposal with baking soda, vinegar, and lemons (check out this how-to video)
- Dust (even the hard to reach places)
- Clean the range hood and oven
- Visually inspect the outside of the home and look for any damaged siding, loose shingles, etc.
- Clean gutters
- Replace batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Have a HVAC professional inspect your A/C and heating system
- Check your roof, shingles, flashing, and vents for damage
- Clean and organize your garage (if you have one)
- Check under sinks to make sure there are no signs of leaks
- Make on upgrade that can increase your home’s value (e.g. new light fixtures, updated counter tops, etc.)
While this checklist isn’t exhaustive, it’s a great starting point to refer back to anytime you need a reminder. I hope it helps.